"Un Marché au pays de Galles"
Name of traveller
Date of travel
undated, ca. 1880
On se croirait vraiment en pleine Espagne, au pays des femmes de Galice ou bien sur les frontières du Portugal. (M. 410)
- local produce sold in market in Holyhead, with particular attention to cakes
- town is clean and well paved, has public baths, some elegant houses, describes church
- architecture: description of the local church in Holyhead
- clothing: women’s Welsh costume described as ugly
- description of market day in Holyhead, with particular attention to the women
- market three times each week
Nationality of traveller
Language of publication
Gender of traveller
Type of publication
M., R. "Un Marché au pays de Galles." Journal des Voyages 6 (Jan.-July 1880): 408, 410. Print.